Adoption Lawyer In Worcester Helping You Create A Family
When most people think about adoption, they imagine finding a newborn baby to bring into their home and raise as their own. While this is still the most common type of adoption, there are other ways to create a family through adoption. No matter what type of adoption you are pursuing, an experienced Worcester adoption lawyer can help you navigate the process.
The first step in any adoption is to choose an adoption agency. There are many reputable agencies throughout Massachusetts that can help connect you with a child in need of a forever home. Once you have chosen an agency, your lawyer will work with the agency to complete the necessary paperwork and begin the search for a child that is a good match for your family.
If you are interested in adopting an older child or a child with special needs, there are many resources available to help you find the right match. Many children who are available for adoption have been in foster care and may have experienced abuse or neglect. These children often require extra patience, love, and attention. If you are interested in adopting a child from foster care, your lawyer will work with the home and support you along the way.
Adopting a child is a life-changing decision that comes with many challenges. However, it can also be one of the most rewarding experiences of your life. If you are considering adoption, contact our experienced Worcester adoption lawyer today to learn more about your legal options. Call us at (774) 366-3688.
What Is Adoption?
Adoption is a legal process whereby a person or couple becomes the legal parents of a child. Adoption creates a permanent, legal relationship between the adoptive parent(s) and the child. Once an adoption is finalized, it cannot be undone.
There are many different types of adoptions, including:
- Infant adoption: This type of adoption usually involves working with an adoption agency to find a birth mother who is willing to place her child up for adoption. The adoptive parents will then complete the necessary paperwork and finalize the adoption through the courts.
- Child adoption: Children who are available for adoption are typically older than infants and may be in foster care or orphanages. The adoptive parents will work with an agency or the state to finalize the adoption.
- Relative adoption: Relative adoptions occur when a family member, such as a grandparent or aunt/uncle, adopts a child. These types of adoptions often take place when the child’s parents are unable to care for them.
- Adult adoption: Adult adoptions are becoming more common as adults seek to create legal relationships with their step-children or children they have raised but are not related to by blood.
No matter what type of adoption you are interested in pursuing, an experienced Worcester adoption lawyer can help you navigate the process and ensure that your rights are protected.
What Problems Can Arise During An Adoption?
Adoption is a complex legal process with many moving parts. There are many opportunities for problems to arise, which is why it is so important to have an experienced lawyer on your side. Some of the most common problems that can occur during an adoption include:
- The birth mother changes her mind and decides to keep the child: This is one of the biggest fears of adoptive parents, but it is important to remember that the birth mother has a right to change her mind up until she signs the paperwork consenting to the adoption. Once she signs those papers, she cannot change her mind.
- The child has special needs: Many children who are available for adoption have special needs, such as being born prematurely or having a chronic health condition. It is important to make sure that you are prepared to care for a child with special needs before you begin the adoption process.
- The adoption agency makes a mistake: Unfortunately, mistakes can happen during any legal process. If an adoption agency makes a mistake, it could result in a delayed or canceled adoption.
- The child is not a good match for the family: It is important to remember that there is no such thing as a “perfect” child. Every child comes with his or her own set of challenges. If you find yourself in this situation, it is important to reach out to your family lawyer and the adoption agency for help.
How Can An Adoption Lawyer Support My Future Child & Me?
An adoption lawyer can provide a wide range of services to support you through the process of adopting a child. They can help you navigate the legal system, understand your rights and responsibilities as an adoptive parent, and connect you with resources and support networks.
Adoption lawyers can also help you create an adoption plan that is tailored to your unique circumstances. They can work with you to identify potential birth parents, negotiate contact agreements, and facilitate open communication throughout the process. Adoption lawyers are committed to helping families like yours create lifelong bonds of love and connection. Schedule a consultation today to learn more about how an adoption lawyer can support you on your journey to becoming a parent.
Which Adoption Law Firm Is Right For Me?
Adopting a child is a life-changing event, and it should be a positive experience for everyone involved. The right adoption lawyer can make all the difference. When choosing an adoption lawyer, it is important to choose someone who is experienced, compassionate, and committed to helping you create the family of your dreams.
The Law Office of Polly Tatum has been assisting families with adoptions for over 24 years. We understand the challenges and rewards that come with adopting a child, and we are here to support you every step of the way. Contact us today at (774) 366-3688 to schedule a consultation with our experienced Worcester adoption lawyer.